4.16.2013

Tri-Polish Challenge (April #1) - Dotticure

Hey guys!!

I'm participating in my very first tri-polish challenge, hosted by Debbie Crumpet from The Crumpet!!! It's so exciting doing all of these challenges! So just like the 31-Day Challenge, this challenge has rules too.

Rules:
  • Crumpet's Nail Tarts will be choosing three colors each month and you must ONLY use those three colors to create the manicures
    • The colors for April are Turquoise, Orange, & Pink
  • That being said, you have free use of white, black, silver, gold, and glitter toppers
  • You must choose 1 polish to represent each color choice and use the same three polishes throughout the challenge
  • The challenge has 4 posts each month: the Tuesday and Thursday of the 3rd and 4th week of each month 
    • For April: 16, 18, 23, 25
<><><> 

Here's a look at my first challenge mani!


I saw an amazing mani by Manicurator that I have been wanting to try and make. You can see her mani here. She created an amazing stained glass effect and I wanted to see if I could do something like that. It didn't turn out quite the same and I think it's because 1) she used darker polishes and 2) she used jellies. Mine are the complete opposite, light cremes. The mani still turned out pretty cool.

To add a little something extra, I added dots!


To get this look:
  • As always, I started off with my favorite base coat Essie 3-Way Glaze
  • The base was created by randomly dabbing China Glaze For Audrey, Sinful Colors Island Coral, and Maybelline Color Show Orange Fix
  • I dabbed the different polishes several times until I was satisfied with the look
  • Then I used dotting tools in various sizes to create the dots. The black dots were Sinful Colors Black On Black, the white dots were Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and the gold dots were Revlon Colorstay Fall Mood
  • To top it all off, I used my trusty Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat
 *** I know the dots are not well made. My shoulders and back muscles are still pulled and I couldn't keep my hand steady for very long and ended up rushing 
**The turquoise that I am using is the closest to turquoise that I have**


I hope you all liked my attempt!! I'm looking forward to coming up with something else for this Thursday's (April 18) challenge mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment